The way I judge a book is by:
- Number of laughs i can get in an evening
- How unpredictable the story is
- If it goes well with the songs I listen to
- Since they are mostly fantasy/ Sci Fi how original the world is.
Oki now lets start with last place in favourites:
- Brian Herbert + J. Anderson with of all the prequels and sequels of DUNE. Easy to read, sometimes too easy, lots of laughs pretty exciting sometimes, explains more in detail thing you always wondered about in DUNE. Not so good that it explains too much in details and does not leave the reader to imagine things by himself. Too predictable for my taste. I like it when i do not know the culprit until the last page.
- Linea Sinclair with "GABRIEL'S GHOST" and the sequel "SHADES OF DARK" - Sci fi romance, verry funny especially the first one. Exciting, quite original, the second one finishes totaly unexpected. Official Site
- Jacqueline Carey with Kushiel's Legacy (i only read the first 6, the other are too new did not get my hands on them). Now these are some books that are not for the weak of the heart and mind. You get introduced into an original world, new religion and verry different culture. You will love this if you have no prejudice in different love practices :P, and have your boyfriend, girlfriend near by whenever the urge to experiment is too great. Anyway it is not predictable, quite interesting sort of espionage and court politics. WIKi INFO
Make me want a tatoo like the heroine in the book :)
- The second best book, is Stephanie Meyer with "The Host". I read this one twice. Realy enjoyed it, and cried at the same part... twice. Beautiful love story and SciFi stuff there. Her "Twilight" serie was acceptable also, the second book i liked the most. The movies really do not make her jsutice, the books are great. I just hope that if they make a movie out of "The Host" she will chose only a good director, and not the crappy ones she had for the other 2 movies.
- My favourite of the favourites is Anne Bishop and the Black Jwels trilogy it used to be, now more books surfaced, different charaters and time). The plot is tick. It will take time to get used with the 3 diferent worlds. I suggest you read a bit on wiki about what the jwels are and what are the 3 worlds. It is unpredictable, funny, original and makes you day dream. I totally recomend it. It is a must in anyone's collection.
All i can think about is black, more black, and spider webs and Black jwels.
kushiel's avatar by ~flamebreeze22 on deviantART
The Sadist by ~oshirigaitai on deviantART